CAREER OPENING: PROGRAM/CONSTRUCTION PROJECT CONTROLS CONSULTANT
P&M is seeking a Program & Construction Project Controls Consultant to support various types of projects with cost and schedule management in the Greater Seattle area.
Successful candidate must demonstrate strong personal initiative and the ability to work as a team. Candidate will need to perform multiple tasks, prioritize, organize, and complete projects under tight time constraints. Strong communication skills are required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: The candidate should have a degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, Project Management, or a related field. Additional professional certifications are a plus. Work experience should include minimum of 7-12 years of professional project controls/construction scheduling experience.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with client’s staff, project managers, designers, and contractors
- Flexible individual that can manage last-minute needs with a positive attitude and turn the work around quickly.
- Construction experience
- Translate construction activities into CPM schedules
- Project management and control principles and systems
- Project metrics to develop cost and resource loaded baseline schedules
- Project scheduling practices and principles based on WBS
- Standard project reports to monitor schedule progress, expenditures, variances, and exceptions
- Project life cycle of conceptualization, planning, execution, and close out Provide periodic assessments and updates of project performance in planning and scheduling areas including:
- Resource Utilization & Burn Rate analysis
- Construction Production Rate Analysis
- Critical Path Analysis
- Trend Analysis
- Time Impact Analysis (TIA)
- Schedule Variance Identification
- Ascertain variance explanations, and corrective action required
- Revise schedule baselines if necessary
- Document changes with detailed explanation and supporting data
- Develop reports as appropriate and support presentations to clients
- Review project documentation to ensure that contractor schedules are developed as specified and updated correctly. Provide comments as appropriate
- Develop baseline plans and schedules integrating design, subcontractors and material supply schedules into master construction schedule as required by under the scope of services. Establish critical and near-critical path activities and present to project management.
- Manage project budgets and forecast cost at completion
- Review and track project expenditures and perform misc. cost accounting tasks such as coding and review of invoices
- Identify potential project savings and increases Maintain cash flows
- Maintain trend logs and monitor commitments
- Maintain risk registers
- Earned Value Management
- Participate in development of presentation materials and status reports
- Actively participate in industry associations
ENVIRONMENT: Will generally work in an office environment with field visits to project sites.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: To be considered applicants should submit the following information 1) Resume 2) Cover Letter 3) Project List including type of project, value of project, your position on project 4) Work references and/or letters of recommendation (optional, but encouraged)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Additional experience from general contractor environment and other project controls specialties (for example: cost engineering & controls, BIM is a plus.
ABOUT US: Planning and Management Services, Inc. (P&M) was founded in August 2002, specializing in project delivery and providing state of the art cost engineering, project controls and program management services. P&M has an established reputation with a growing list of clientele for providing dependable, reliable, quality services. We value our staff as a critical component of our success. P&M is an equal opportunity employer that is driven towards employee professional advancement offering medical/dental, vacation/sick leave, profit sharing eligibility and 401k.
Please use this link to submit your application and resume.